Friday, December 2, 2011

Frugal Fashion Friday - Holiday Shopping Strategies

I always start with the best intentions. I plan to shop early and avoid the last minute rush. I thought this year I would actually accomplish that goal. I started a list early and collected links for gift ideas. Well it's December second and I have only bought a few items.




Shopping is one of my favorite activities but not during the crush and rush of the Holidays. Because of this I gravitate toward the internet. My strategy for finding unique gifts at a good price is pretty simple.

Go to Unique Sites
Sites like museum stores (MoMA,The Met, and Smithsonian), charities, and etsy are great places to find unexpected and exciting gifts. If you become a museum member you can get items at a member discount. Gifts from a charity site are different and the proceeds go to a good cause. Etsy is full of one of a kind gifts and vintage items for everyone on your list.

Give a Handmade Gift
Make your sister's favorite cookies. Knit your Mom a scarf. Create a babysitting certificate for your best friend and offer to sit so she and her significant other can have a night out. A handmade gift is always special because of the time and care that goes into them.

Visit Thrift, Vintage and Consignment Shops
These shops have unexpected pieces that in many cases can't be found in mass retail stores. Vintage jewelry, colorful scarves, and great handbags would be a welcome gift.

I hope you have a great Holiday shopping season. Happy Friday Real Girls!


Pin It!
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...